Can it be done, building an online business without blogging? It can and it can be done with just a couple of other things in place.
Firstly, let me say that I do believe having your own blog is a great long term asset to any online business. (You can find out why here.) However, I’ve spoken to people who have no interest or time for blogging so I thought I’d share my thoughts with you here.
Tips For Building an online business using only social media
- Choose a name for your community that will attract the people you want to work with and help. Mine for example is Eleanor Ross’s Magnetic Marketers Online. It is specific to people who want to build a business online.
- Make building your email list your priority! This is something every online business owner should have. You will want to build up your subscribers so you can market to all of them with the push of a button once. Here’s the autoresponder I use. They have great tutorials on how you can get started with email marketing.
- Choose one social media platform where you offer a free giveaway like an ebook or a cheat sheet and have a strong invitation to join your community. When you’re seeing results from one platform add in another.
- Of course, post regularly in your community, at least 3 times a day.
- When you post in your community remember the 80/20 rule. 80% value and 20& promotion.
- You’re building an online business so be aware of where your audience hang out. find out what they struggle with and what they’re looking to solve. Find out then give it.
- Use the messaging feature strategically. Build relationships with your members before you talk any business at all. No sending unsolicited links, this is a real put off and kills any rapport right off. I learned how to run my business from a Facebook community from a great mentor and teacher. If you need help with this contact me and I can get you started if you download you online network marketers blueprint here.
- Have fun! Have fun in your community. People are more likely to hang around if there’s more than serious biz stuff in there.
- Network in Facebook groups relevant to your target audience. Meet people, build a relationship then invite them into your group letting them know what you’re doing and how you can help them.
- Use video. Video is great for building rapport and the know, like and trust factor in any business. In the beginning of building an online business this is so important. Create a 2-3 minute video daily giving valuable tips relevant to your niche. If you’re tight on time pick one day and shoot them all in one go, this will free up time to do other things and reduce overwhelm.
If building an online business successfully without blogging helped you then feel free to share, I appreciate you!
If you're still struggling to generate leads and get eyeballs on you're home business, click here to get access to the system I and top earners in the online industry use.